How to Fix Constant Apple ID Verification Password Popups on iPhone and iPad? Here are the ways:
Apple ID is a robust security for the Apple technical devices. When a user buys an iPhone or Mac device, he needs to sign up first his Apple ID and password to manage Apple device suitably. Apple ID always helps a user to download and install the apps utilized on the Apple devices. Therefore, Apple ID and password should not forget, however, if you forget the password and when you forget the password then you can not easily access on your device and this is why it is mandatory to keep changing the password and Apple ID from time to time. Sometimes due to carelessly using of Apple ID on another device in order to open Apple account to check the status account's information sent to the unauthorized users hacked the account and this he thieves the data for the email account and the phone. So be aware of this issues and save yourself forever.
Sometimes, due to un-relevant settings with the Apple account, its Apple ID password verification pop-up appears at random but frequently, that appear at every time to reboot the device on the lock screen and when you unlocking the device after using it. If you have selected the alert for the pop-up verification, you will get its update but if not then you can feel good.
Following are the ways to fix constant pop-up Apple ID Verification password on iPhone and iPad device:
- Open your iPad or iPhone device and, see the Apple ID verification pop-up message and then choose the settings.
- You can sign-in the Apple ID to manage account and check out the message press the next button.
- You can take the backup for the iPhone and iPad to the iCloud and iTunes and then open the settings app and go to general settings by updating software.
- Press install button and go for the update option showing at the bottom and go for the update which is available on the device.
- You can boot the device and go back to the settings for the iCloud and tap on the Apple ID username and password to sign in carefully.
- After making settings you can change the password and email ID to keep it secure on iPhone and iPad device.
However, if it is making you irritate and occurring the same issue, you need to take a strong action against it. If you feel a bit confusion, you can get help from its Apple Technical Support executive who offers legitimate guidance to get the issue fixed at the right time.