AVG Antivirus Not Working? Get your Issues and Solution Here
Anti-Virus Guard is commonly known as AVG Antivirus, designed and developed by the Avast Technologies. It protects the computer from the malware, spyware and other harmful viruses. AVG Antivirus supports Windows, MacOS and Android OS.
AVG Antivirus has multiple benefits but even though it also encounters with an issue. Some of the few issues are mentioned below.
AVG Antivirus Not Working- Solution:
- If you receive an error message “ Installation failed” then no need to worry,you can install the same by following the simple steps.
- AVG Antivirus has provided multiple tools, and for the resolution of this issue, download AVG Reset Access Tool.
- After downloading, close all your programs and then run the downloaded file,and during this process, a dialogue box will appear and that's about the license agreement, click “Accept” to confirm.
- In the next step, click “Continue” after that your computer will restart.
- After restarting the computer, you will be free from your issue.
You can follow another method for the same issue, in this method, download another tool, i.e.AVG Remover Tool. This tool will remove the older version and its accessories.
- After downloading the tool, run the file and then click “Continue” to agree with the license terms.
- From the AVG Remover Tool, select the product which you want to remove and click “Remove”.
- AVG Antivirus will ask for the Restart of your computer. click on “Restart”.
- After restarting, if any security warning box appears, then Uninstall the AVG Antivirus by clicking on “Run”.
License expired after Activation
- If your license key is not accepted by the AVG Antivirus, then go to the official website of AVG and select license-retrieval.
- On the same page, enter your email address used for purchase and then enter the verification code in the box.
- Very soon, you will receive an email with license information.
- Once you received the email, copy the license number and paste it into the box provided to activate AVG Antivirus.
If license number is correct, but even though you are unable to activate AVG Antivirus, then check your clock setting, make sure you have provided the correct date and time. If still persist an issue, then get support from AVG Antivirus Customer Service.
Getting an Error “Protection is disabled”
- This problem generally arises when the product is upgraded to the latest version. So you also have to upgrade the same before that repair AVG, to do the same, open “Control Panel” followed by the “Start”.
- From the 'Control Panel', click on the “Programs”, select “Programs and Features” and then click “Add or Remove Programs”.
- From the list of 'Add or Remove Programs', select AVG and then click on “Change”and finally click on “Repair”.
- Now follow the instructions to complete the process and then Restart your computer.
If you are getting an issue again then, you may contact the AVG Antivirus Customer Support for the assistance.The team works around the clock, so call anytime as per your need. The expert will give you the effective solution of any issue.