What are the methods involved in porting your number to Google voice?
Porting the number in Google voice is beneficiary as it is helpful in the case where you want to keep your old number after getting the new one. If you want to use the new number and still want to keep your old phone number safe with you, then you can port that number to Google Voice number.
Google voice number helps the user with the safety of his number as it automatically locks the number and by preventing it from being ported out without the consent of the user. It demands to unlock the phone before porting the Google voice number to another service provider. It also charges a particular fee when you unlock the number. Now, if the users do not know how to port Google voice numbers, then they can take the following steps to resolve the issue.
How To Port Your Number To Google Voice:
Before the users port their numbers to Google voice account, they should take care of some things before opting for porting your number. You should find your billing accounts information like pin and the account number. This information is mandatory to complete your port request. Let us now look at the procedure of porting the phone number to Google Voice number:
- The first step is to open up the Google voice on your computer.
- In the case where the user has not to use google voice on your account, s/he has to set up a voice. Then, the user will be prompted to choose a new number that can be replaced by the ported number. It does not matter what the number is.
- In the next step, the user has to click on Menu present at the top left and then legacy Google voice. Google's voice may look different.
- Then, the user has to choose the option “Settings” at the top right of your screen and again settings.
- Then, the next step demands to click the “Phone” tab and then click on port/change next to your current number.
- In the next step, the user has to choose “I want to use my mobile number” and follow the on-screen instructions so that the new number can be set up and pay.
- If the user wants to get calls on the number, s/he has to set up phones to receive the calls.
This was the process of porting the mobile number to the google voice number. The users can check the status of the number that is porting. The number will take 48 to 96 hours to port. We hope you have got the answer to the question “how to port your number to google voice”. Customer care can also be of help in this case. The users can contact them and get assistance on this issue.