If you are a Facebook user, then surely you share lots of things with your friends and family. These things will secret and you could not share them with anyone. But sometimes a lot of situations come when someone hacked your Facebook account. In order to prevent these kinds of situations, you would need to protect your Facebook account from the hackers or any unwanted activity with the help of two-factor authentication.
In this article, you will learn about the importance of set up 2-factor authentication for your Facebook and how you can enable it.
Why Facebook 2-Step Verification?
Facebook – Step authentication is an extra layer of security that enables the users to enter a verification code along with the password when they log in to their Facebook account. Suppose someone knows your Facebook account password, he can’t access your account without entering a verification code sent to your registered phone number with your Facebook account.
How to Setup Two-Step Authentication for Facebook?
The process of setting up 2-step verification for Facebook is very simple and easy. One can easily do that. For this, you need to follow the below steps:
- First of all, open a browser in your computer and then go to facebook.com
- Login to your Facebook account by using your username and password.
- Click on the arrow icon present at the top-right corner of the screen and then scroll down to Settings.
- Now click on Security and login section which is accessible at the left-side corner under the General.
- Now Security and login page will open and then click on Setting up extra security from scroll down option.
- After that, click on the Edit option in front of the Use two-factor authentication.
- Click on Set up available at the top side that indicates that it’s turn off.
- Now a pop-up will open Are you sure that you want to set up two-factor authentication? And then click on the Enable.
- Now choose an option that what kind of 2-step authentication you want from the given options. You can choose your phone which is the better way of authentication and will help to get a verification code to your registered phone number.
- After that, click on Save Changes to complete the procedure.
Well!! Two-step authentication has successfully enabled for your Facebook account. You can perform the above-mentioned steps to enable it for any of your Facebook accounts.