If you are trying with the account passwords in Mozilla and it is not working, you need to fix the issue. It might be possible that you have forgotten the password, due to which the account is inaccessible in Mozilla Firefox.
Mozilla Firefox is a compatible web browser with various tools and features. If you have forgotten your password for any of the web accounts and you lost it from the browser also, it can be frustrating. Whenever you enter a username or password for any of the accounts, you are asked to save the details for further use and are saved in a hidden folder. Here in this article, you will have info about Mozilla Firefox Password Recovery.
Password Recovery Mozilla Firefox
If you are trying to access the safe locations on Mozilla, where your passwords are saved, you will encounter a protection tool named Master Password. If the Master Password is disabled, the recovery would be easier. Firefox has the feature of Master Password to protect the account login info. In case you have forgotten the Master password, the password cannot be recovered. The following methods will help you recover the password:
Method 1: Recover Firefox password when Master Tool is enabled-
When the Master Password is activated, you will have to bypass it. This feature is useful as it keeps the user's sensitive info protected. If anyone tries to retrieve the passwords, they must know about the Master password. When you find the option of Master password while recovering Mozilla Firefox password, you can proceed as follows:
- Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Go to the address bar and enter chrome://pippki/content/resetpassword.xul.
- When you press enter, a page will prompt you with the feature to reset the Master Password.
- With the Rest option, the Master password is disabled, and you can check the saved usernames and passwords.
Method 2: Recover saved usernames and passwords on Mozilla Firefox-
This option is used when the Master password feature is disabled. You can proceed with the above steps for disabling. Further, follow the steps to recover the lost info:
- Open the Mozilla Firefox web browser.
- Navigate to Firefox option and click it.
- In the drop-down list, you will find Options, click it.
- With this, you will get a pop-up window, and you need to click the Security option.
- Under this Security option, you will find several options with check-boxes. Along with this, there is an option of Saved Passwords also.
- Click the button of saved passwords, and again a new window prompts.
- The new pop-up will show all the passwords along with their accounts and usernames.
- You can scroll the list to find all the saved passwords.
- If you want, you can remove the saved passwords by clicking on Remove option.
This is all about Password Recovery Mozilla Firefox.
For more info on features of Mozilla Firefox, you can contact its developer or technical team. The contact details are available on the Mozilla Firefox official webpage, and you can contact the support executives.